Souvenir: so͞ovəˈni(ə)r/ noun
1. a thing that is kept as a reminder of a person, place, or event. synonyms: memento, keepsake, reminder, token
I love to travel and enjoy picking up little things along the way.
This is my most recent travel masterpiece. It's my own little Hawaiian paradise in tiny shadow box form. A collection of shells from the beach combined with a personal snapshot of the amazing view from our ocean-side accommodations.
It's always a thrill to assist customers with their own memorabilia for framing and to hear your travel stories. I'm sure you have your own collections and ideas about what to bring back as a souvenir. Here's some things we've framed for others or picked up for ourselves!
- personal snap shots
- subway maps
- magnets for the fridge
- collections of rocks and seashells
- match books
- a collection of small vials of dirt from around the globe
- interesting foreign beer coasters
- sugar cubes individually wrapped in colorful paper
- gelato spoons from a tour of Italy
- funky graphic postcards picked up for free in a coffee shop in Amsterdam
- street art of all ilks
- that adorable restaurant menu from Paris that somehow ended up in my mother's purse
- plastic sushi from Japan
- a piece of the Berlin wall